As an heir to the first revolution, and enjoying the freedoms I hold so dear, I would be remiss this day to not take a moment and pay homage to the few good men and women (29 million and counting) who have served and continue to serve this great nation.
And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood
Forty-one years ago, a young man of 19 years enlisted in the United States Air Force, believing in a cause greater than himself, forging the right of human equality and liberation, willing to sacrifice all in hopes of a dream. That man is my father, and I proudly honor him this day.
Nobel Charles Earl Name (Skipper)
USAF
Viet Nam Vet

My family has been favored with men who have served in times of war and peace. My father's brother (Stephen Name) served in the U.S. Army in Germany and my cousin (Eric Name) served under the command of the U.S. Navy during our current conflict in the Middle East. My maternal grandfather entered the U.S. Navy in 1943 and served on the U.S.S. Venus during WWII.
Lionel Joseph Sylvia
1926-2000
WWII Vet
I humbly revere our armed forces for their unyielding allegiance and personal sacrifice. I am in awe of their willingness to stand immovable on the front lines, steadfastly defending our nation, our freedoms, and our God. Where the course of freedom has drawn them to the four corners of the earth, I can only imagine the conditions they have experienced...their triumphant victories, their discouraging challenges, their beloved comrades risen, and their beloved comrades fallen. The perspectives gained from such experience is surely a blessing to self, countryman, and nation. In this moment of reflection, may we become a nation undivided. Let us unite in the cause of liberty. For one and all, and hand in hand, let us be patriots.
I never want to wake from my dream of America. May the gentle lullaby of Val Saintsbury echo in our ears and soothe our war-torn hearts. "We sleep peacefully at night, cradled by the big strong hands of America." God bless our soldiers and keep them safe. God bless us one and all.
2 comments:
Thank You Erika!
What great photos, and great accolades to share about your loved ones. Thank you!
Post a Comment