Why are you laughing?
Okay, so I am neither a leader nor card carrying member of any athletic sport. My son, however, seems to be one of their groupies. A week ago Friday I took Xavier for a walk around the block and we stopped at my friend Tamie's house for a visit. Her children were in the front yard practicing for a lacrosse game. Xavier watched them for awhile and then decided that he was ready to play too...


...Oh, put me in, Coach!
I'm ready to play today
Look at me, I can be Centerfield
(as sung by John Fogerty)
P.S. I think the word sports is too well-defined within the English language; I believe it should be more generalized in its acceptation. A heavy emphasis has been placed on individuals or teams who can run, jump, throw, or shoot. Why can't we expand the sporting world to include lesser known activities which require as much stamina and endurance? For instance, if cattiness was more widely accepted as a sport, you know I would earn a red letter! I can even imitate the claw sign with my fingers, and with a flick of my wrist and hiss through my teeth, I score a goal every time! It took a lot of practice to perfect the flick and hiss. Isn't that right, Momma Cat?
2 comments:
That's right! hisssssss....
LOL...ha ha ha ha!!! It will be fun to see what all sports Mr. X takes a liking too...I thought that after the first year of tee-ball...which they started at 4 and 5 that we just weren't going to be sportsters either....but now they love B-ball and Football...AND Dylan wants to play baseball...which he previously hated. Who knows...but I share with you in not ever winning one of the athletic women of the year awards...actually..after scoring a basket for the wrong team in 3rd grade I was dubbed Wrong Way Reichenbach...they don't get the b-ball skills from momma!
Post a Comment