Here's hoping all of you, friends, will be able to explore the beauty of the season and will happen upon a colorful treasure or two. Happy Fall!
Friday, September 10, 2010
Welcoming Autumn
It feels strange to be ushering in the season of football, caramel apples, and warm cider, but since the temps have dipped into the 60s and the cooler winds have been blowing through the trees, I guess I can not fight it any longer. I will miss my beautiful summer (the whole month we had of it), and will welcome autumn with open arms. The mountain brush is resembling an artist's palette blazing with vibrant reds, greens, and golds, and I paused this morning before leaving the house to appreciate the morning glow highlighting nature's most amazing landscape. With the spirit and color of the season bursting in full bloom, my sister and I are planning an excursion up the canyon to take our yearly family photos and to officially document Xavier as a three-year old. I have been sprinkling the interior of our home with fall's harvest hues, so I thought I would share a shot of our mantel above the hearth. Perhaps someday soon it will really sink in that the witching hour is fast approaching and we must begin our search for the sincerest of pumpkin patches. My collection of autumn and Halloween decor is becoming eclectic, and I have many pieces that I keep stored away which are too fragile to display any longer. I will try my best not to buy anything new this season, but I must admit that I love the mismatched ensemble of my mother's 40 year old ceramic pumpkin and my sister's handstiched pillow with the latest styles of rattan and wrought iron.

Here's hoping all of you, friends, will be able to explore the beauty of the season and will happen upon a colorful treasure or two. Happy Fall!
Here's hoping all of you, friends, will be able to explore the beauty of the season and will happen upon a colorful treasure or two. Happy Fall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
hahaha I can't believe you still have that pillow I made. I need to make you a better one.
Adorable! Come do my mantel now !
You are getting festive. I'll send my kids over so they can see what it's like to have such a non bah humbug mom ;) (Oh and I'll leave them for an hour or two and shop too... LOL)
good thing it's going to be 90 degrees tomorrow!! lol!!
Post a Comment