Friday evening, Xavier emerged from his bath to share with me a rhyme his father taught him while preparing him for bed. X's smile preceded his entrance from the hallway with a chorus of, "Mom! I have something to tell you." If I hadn't noticed one of my Christmas gifts adorning his calves like an 80s style Olivia Newton-John exercise video, I would have missed Xavier's rehearsed delivery, compliments of his childlike father who just happened to be lurking in the shadows waiting for my reaction to his new twist on an old rhyme.

"Chinese, Japanese, Dirty Knees, Look at These!" Xavier kicks his right leg in similar fashion to a Radio City Rockette. He is quite proud of his performance as his father enters the room displacing a rib from laughter. What can I say? Little boys have fathers to teach them not only the finer points of civilized behavior, but also the finer points of comedic timing. As a mom, I was left with no other choice than to raise my camera phone and immortalize this moment, as I am sure Xavier will one day forget how his daddy scraped together his best mental resources in revitalizing one of the more memorable poems in the history of English literature.
5 comments:
OMG! I about busted a gut reading your post. X cracks me up! Charlie runs around the house naked all the time saying, "shake your booty!"
Just wait until he gets to the potty talk!
seriously where did that poem come from????? and how politically incorrect is it?!?!? ha ha!
There is never a dull moment in your house!
So cute! :)
Post a Comment