Wednesday, January 14, 2009

2008 Reflections

After reading this entry on my sister's site, I decided to pilfer the questions for my own review.

1. What did you do in 2008? Played hostess, cook, housekeeper, entertainer, and peacemaker, foster parented an adolescent, delighted in Xavier's growth, lost 55 pounds, said goodbye to my pups, and gained a strong testimony of fasting and personal prayer.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? My new year's resolution was to lose all the baby weight and I did it!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My sister-in-law Apria had a little girl in July and my friend Angela had a little boy in August.

4. Did anyone close to you die? My grandfather came close, but miraculously pulled a rabbit out of his hat.

5. What countries did you visit? The country of "Get Me the Heck Outta Here!"

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? In 2008, I wished for the economy to be fixed and for a move to St. George. In 2009, I wish for the economy to be fixed and for a move to St. George. Hmmm...I am a broken record!

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? 2008 was a year for the record books...I was singing sayonara at year's end.

8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year? Surviving more stress than a Louisiana levee and hopefully earning some blessings in heaven [probably through my immeasurable humility ;)], and biting my tongue so hard I think it is permanently severed.

9. What was your biggest failure? Losing my flashlight in the tunnel.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing that killed me.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Chocolate

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Every person I saw who lifted another up.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I am not legally allowed to comment on this.

14. Where did most of your money go? Ask my sister. She knows my secrets. :)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Xavier's first achievements, my sisters' pregnancies, my friends' pregnancies, and eating chocolate.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? The two songs in every episode of Handy Manny.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer? a) more hopeful b) less chubby c) richer in spirit

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Losing my temper.

20. Did you fall in love in 2008? Every day of the year. Words cannot express my feelings for Xavier.

21. What was your favorite TV program? Handy Manny, Jon and Kate plus 8, and 17 Kids and Counting

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is a strong word. However, I reckon a couple people who crossed my path could benefit from a little vigilante justice in Texas... :)

23. What was the best book you read? My favorite book of 2008 was by Sheri L. Dew - If Life Was Easy, It Wouldn't Be Hard.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery? That Xavier gets his dance moves from my side of the family. ;)

26. What did you want and not get? Mitt Romney to be the 44th president of the United States and the economy to be fixed.

27. What was your favorite film of this year? I didn't see very many films but I would have to say Fools Gold. The beautiful scenery and Caribbean waters got me through the winter months.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I am now sporting Larry Bird's jersey number and I don't remember doing anything for my birthday.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A tropical vacation...who am I kidding? ANY VACATION!

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Men's wear. I didn't have any clothes that fit until the last quarter.

31. What kept you sane? Who says I'm sane?

32. When you think about 2008 what sticks out in your mind? Loving my family beyond measure and growing in the gospel.

33. Best moment of 2008? My not-so-secret love affair with refined sugar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have eaten my weight in sugar. I only have another month and then I have to give it up. :(

Sheral Wilson said...

So, hey.... I found this blog from Facebook - you still have an invitation to my blog, right? Come on over and visit!!

Mandy said...

Erika~ I love these!! and your many referrences to chocolate :) I also can't get enough of Sheri Dew's books. btw..where did you get your background?? And what is your secret to losing 55lbs?