C'mon, girls, sing it wit' me:
♫ Motownphilly back again
Doin' a little east coast swing
Boyz II Men going off
Not too hard, not too soft
It's long overdue but now Philly's slammin'
Boyz II Men, ABC, BBD, the east coast family...
...Then we started singin' they said it sounded smooth
So we started a group and here we are kickin' it just for you. ♫
Ah, how I love these boys. They epitomize the best music of the early 90s, and I can hardly believe the 20th anniversary of Cooleyhighharmony, Boyz II Men's debut album, is soon approaching. Released in 1991, you know I was first in line at Target that Tuesday morning. (Shhh...don't tell my seminary teacher. She totally thinks I was sick.) I was 16 years old and electric on the high school dance floor. In between my Roger Rabbit and running man de-liteful grooves, I was gliding across the waxy Western High gymnasium floor to the new jack swing beats of Nathan, Michael, Shawn, and Wanya.It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday...Every few months I stalk Boyz II Men online in hopes to get a glimpse of their tour dates. Wouldn't you know I googled them this week only to discover I have missed them yet AGAIN! Oh, the tragedy. They visited SLC last September and managed to keep it a secret from me. Now the tally marks are really stacking up against me. New count of missed opportunities which have prevented me from paying proper homage by mutilating their beautiful harmonies with my crass Hoosier vocals: 2!
But take heart, friends, word on the street is they're comin' back! Whoo hoo! This time, they will not evade me. My husband is so taking me to their next hip hop fest...even if their only venue is at the state fair! (They totally don't mind sharing center stage with the Little Buckaroo rodeo clowns and Skeeter's shooting competition queens.)

So, friends, in honor of my Philly boyz, I am belting out Cooleyhighharmony tunes all morning in my cubicle and I don't care who hears me! With devoted fans like me, it will never be the End of the Road for Boyz II Men!
3 comments:
I. AM. TOTALLY. GOING!
ha ha love you erika!!!!!
I saw them in concert in SLC when I was in high school. They were totally awesome! Hope you get your chance to go see them!!
Post a Comment