Friday, October 23, 2009

He's No Dummy...

I fear I have a miniature sugar fiend on my hands.

Last night, Thaus was on a long errand. I decided to put Xavier in bed with me so he could fall asleep and then I could transfer him to his own bed and possibly have a minute to watch a girl movie on t.v. Xavier selected a Charlie Brown cartoon from the DVD stack on the dresser. I promptly loaded the DVD player and turned out the lights. We snuggled on the bed together and after 20 minutes, I thought he was close to being out for the night. The next thing I remember is Thaus waking me to consciousness to inform me that Xavier is helping himself to the stash of Hershey Kisses in Thaus' nightstand drawer. Mommy is foiled again! So much for child protection locks. I reckon it is time to find a new hiding place. This kid is going to give Santa a run for his money...

3 comments:

ang said...

ha ha!!!! that is priceless!!

Sheral Wilson said...

What a smart smart boy!!! Sniffing out chocolate is a rare talent!

The Prince's said...

That is tooo cute! He is going to give you a run for your money. He already knows how to get the good stuff before it is all gone!