As found in nature (and sometimes in Hershey), vibrant shades of blue awaken a resting serenity deep within my winter weary soul. Blue has always been a soothing color for me whether I am gazing into crystal clear skies, dancing in rays of light resonating from sun washed lakes, or unwrapping glittery aqua pastels from foil-wrapped holiday treats. Last Saturday, a springtime photo shoot captured delicate blues which caused me to delight in the simple beauty of a two-year old boy.
Often, a change in seasons sparks a change in life's routines. As the earth wakens from its dormant winter existence, we too, often seek a rebirth in talent and opportunity. My sister Angie is no exception as she is learning a new hobby and becoming quite the photographer extraordinaire. Angie's talents are multifaceted, and every venture she pursues adds a wealth of beauty and charm not only to her surroundings, but to the people with whom she surrounds herself. She graciously offered to photograph Xavier for Easter, and although the perceived level of difficulty crossed my mind (given Xavier's notoriety for his heated and passionate relationship with the camera), I knew we would embark upon an entertaining adventure nonetheless.
To my growing surprise and sheer delight, Xavier was a model subject and willingly followed Aunt Angie's gentle directions. I stood in the background cheering him on and coaxing him for a smile. We didn't get any flashes of pearly white out of him, but I do love how his tender expressions, cradled within his defining features, were so poignantly captured.
In his off-camera time, Xavier burned some energy with his cousins as he explored all things earthy in the Provo Riverwoods. He squealed with pleasure as he followed pursuit of the older boys, pausing to lend an arm of support to a wobbly little one who wanted to be as sure-footed and spry as the big kids.
Xavier never ceases to amuse me with his colorful personality. He is a mixture of fire and ice, steadfast in his desires, stern and immovable at times, yet sensitive to the feelings of others, compassionate and loving. I am fortunate to be a part of his life, as each stolen glance into those gleaming baby blues has the power to melt the icy timbers that often prick at this tempestuous heart of mine.

I am in LOVE with these eyes...

...not to mention these saddle shoes!

I want to kiss these cheeks.

I am convinced he is plotting something here.

Back Row: Xavier (2), Sammie (3), Livi (4), Gabe (6), Jaxon (7)
Front Row: Christian (1), Journi (1)
Seeing these sweet children together reminds me of a hymn we sang recently in Relief Society.
For the beauty of the earth,
For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,
For the beauty of each hour
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flow’r,
Sun and moon, and stars of light,
For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth, and friends above,
For all gentle thoughts and mild.
"For the Beauty of the Earth"
Hymns of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, no. 92
3 comments:
What a fun day! I can't wait to take more pics of him!
X is such a cutie ...all the kids look adorable by the fence and that is a great pose to get babies and the big kids together...so sweet. Great pics!! and I totally agree in the one pic it looks like he is plotting something big in that little head of his. ;)
Beautiful pictures and beautiful words. Happy Easter!
Post a Comment