I also ♥ pumpkins. Autumn spicy pumpkins.
And sometimes I ♥ wizards. The magically delicious ones who drizzle, sprinkle, roll, and frost my pumpkins in sugar.
Tuesday night the Amonetts stopped at a royal palace on the hill. We don't usually make it a habit to visit palaces in the valley yet the luminous green, red, and white sign glowing amidst the evening sky looked so inviting. There was even a red "hot" light in the window so we knew we had happened across something really special. What was this place? A fairy tale? A dream? A magical factory of manufactured sugar?
Since there are never enough ways to express the beauty of sugar, I get a little twitterpated when I see so much beauty in one little case. My adoration of such beauty was interrupted by the wizards...who pretty much look like you and me, yet they present their guests with warm balls of dough, fried to perfection and adorned with a seasonal rainbow of colors fit for any size ghost, goblin, or ghoul. I wish I would have taken a picture of the display case, because baby wanted to take one of everything home with him. Fortunately, I managed to ignore his passionate kicks and summon enough restraint to zero in on the highly acclaimed pumpkin spice cakes which I immediately knew were destined to become one with my tummy and my soul.

I always underestimate the power that genetics can have over experience. We allowed Xavier his choice from the multiple varieties of filled, cake, and old-fashioned doughnuts. I pointed out all the festive ones individually, thinking he would pick one with sprinkles, a pumpkin smiley face, or perhaps even an intricate web of frosting. Mini T opted for the plain glazed, just like his father. That's why our mixed dozen consists of only 6 glazed, 2 cinnamon, and then of course my four beautiful pumpkin cakes.

Krispy's festive packaging. Am I the only one who gets twitchy over the simplest of holiday expression?
I cut one of my luscious round pumpkins into quarters, as I was planning on only having a taste. Oddly enough, stars began shooting through the night sky and I believe I heard the faint echoes of a hallelujah chorus. My quarter quickly turned into two, and before I could circle the city on my broom, my delightfully glazed pumpkin turned into a vanishing act! And I have to say, what a FAB-U-LOUS and utterly pleasing 360º revolution it was.
While I was savoring another sweet treat, I noticed the pumpkin I brought with me was also coated in sugar...face, hands, pants. I carefully wrapped him up in his own special packaging for a safe passage home.
How I love my sugar coated pumpkins! Thank you, Krispy Kreme wizards, for adding to the delight of my holiday season. Look for my broom to be making a pit stop again as soon as the rain lets up. I don't want to accidentally get sprinkled with water during my travels. Sugar melts when it gets wet you know, and according to my father, so do witches.
4 comments:
OMG Yummo! I think those would make me go into convulsions after dieting for 4 weeks. I am so jello!
Mmmm, my mouth is watering now! I need one of those pumpkin spice doughnuts ASAP. Maybe I'll take a detour on the way home from work...
Hello! Call me when you go there so I can buy a whole box and pretend it's yours!! :) p.s. I love their Halloween boxes!
you should have hopped in the car and drove those donuts right up to our house!
Post a Comment