Monday, December 20, 2010

Mr. T Turns 37!

Mr. T, as he is affectionately referred to by the neighbor kids, took a few hours out of his busy school and work schedule to let his overzealous party-planning wife make a to-do about his 37th birthday. Our ever-entertaining friends, Ang and Paul Barker, invited us over on the evening of the 12th to celebrate Mr. T's new year and let the kids get reacquainted after a nine-month lapse in Barker-Amonett party time.



Mr. T may "pity the fool" yet he loves his carrot cake! Although I know all you professional Wilton cake decorators are cringing at my lopsided lines and mountain peaks, I must say this is one of my best cakes to date.

Xavier got in touch with his Jurassic side in Davis and Bennett's prehistoric playroom. The three of them roared, foraged, and conquered uninhabited lands throughout the kingdom. Mr. T followed the dinos studying their social and migratory behaviors. As you can see, one of the younger males did not appreciate being captured on film by a human. Bennett is giving Mr. T the warning to not come any closer or it might just be his last birthday. Hopefully Ang did not mind the mass destruction and chaos imposed by my own little predator, Xaviersaurus Rex.



Cake time! In an effort to ensure a successful blow out (and to ensure the safety of Ang's draperies), only three candles were lit as thirty-seven might have proved a little difficult to master with one breath. What we weren't counting on was a quick-minded three-year old who took the task upon himself. A half-second before the singing stopped, Xavier moved in for the kill.



Always maintaining an air of innocence, Xavier donned his What did I do? look while backing away from the smoking candles.



Happy Birthday to my superstar husband, Mr. T! Fifteen carrot cakes later, he may be a little nuttier on the inside but his frosting is that much sweeter!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, cake! After we took that class, I haven't really decorated anymore cakes. I've decided I prefer to buy them when possible. :)

ang said...

Ha ha those are some great pictures!! We were sure glad that we got to hang out again and that we got to eat T's delish bday cake (leftovers of which I ate for lunch the next day lol!). Let's do it again sooner than in 9 months! xo

PS little X-rex disgraced all mess makers everywhere by being extremely tidy (or by having parents who are great cleaner-uppers) :)

sunshine said...

Those pics are sweet!

Anonymous said...

I think your cake looks great!