Thursday, December 16, 2010

You've Got Mail!

Oh the thrill of receiving a letter, especially a Christmas letter from a treasured friend! As the post office sorts and delivers millions of seasonal felicitations from family and friends, Santa's elves are just as busy answering the queries and wishes of good little boys and girls. A blustery North Pole wind happened to blow in a snowstorm yesterday and a little surprise for our young Xavier. Although I am no fan of the wintry weather, I think Santa's elves deserve an extra dollop of whipped cream in their hot cocoa for sending special holiday greetings to a very enchanted three-year old boy the week before Christmas.



Xavier was so excited to open his letter from Santa that he insisted on reading it himself. Upon offering to help him with the big words, he pushed me aside and commanded, "Stop talking, Mom. I do it." He even shushed Grandma when she interrupted his eloquent oration. His humorous rendition was similar to the one listed below, yet included promises of toys which caught Santa's elves in a moment of surprise.

Dear Xavier,
Not long from now, I'll be leaving the North Pole for my long trip on Christmas. Although it's a long journey, I am looking forward to visiting you in Spanish Fork!
My elves tell me that you have been such a good helper this year. That's excellent! Being 3 is tough and you are such a smart boy for your age. I'm so proud of you!
Please remind Sammie to be good as well! I must go now to check on the busy little elves in the workshop where they are making all the toys and gifts for the good boys
and girls. I think I saw them making a new choo choo train for you! We will be loading the sleigh soon and heading your way! The reindeer and I are planning to arrive in Spanish Fork just after midnight to deliver your gifts. Please be sure to hang your stocking and be in bed early.
Merry Christmas and Warmest Wishes!
Santa Claus




Xavier loves to imitate his favorite toy maker. In the bottom photo he is grabbing his belly and in his best impersonation, "Ho, ho, ho! I'm Santa Claus!"

We'll be anxiously awaiting your visit, Santa! Our stockings are hung by the chimney with care and we'll be nestled all snug in our beds with visions of model trains dancing in our heads. We'll leave cookies and hot cocoa by the fireplace. Have a safe flight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is just too cute! I love those letters. I didn't even print mine, I just made the kids read it from my email. I'm lazy.