The life of a newborn babe is filled with unprecedented firsts. We as parents exhale with anticipation as we await the first cry, mirror the first smile, memorize the first laugh, and for the Amonett boys, mimic the first growl. Each day brings unparalleled adventure as Emerson discovers his voice and gains control over his arms and legs. As a mom, it warms my heart to experience these milestones with my little one, encouraging him and capturing these sweet moments of exploration. I can hardly believe my baby is maturing so quickly, becoming more interactive with the world around him, reveling in new sights, sounds, and people. These are the moments of mystic celebration, yet with all first experiences in life, some are bound to bring delight while others are bound to bring discomfort. On February 3rd, Emerson encountered (and endured) yet another first, reflecting that water inside mommy's tummy was soothing; water flowing from the tap is a tidal wave of torture.
Forty-eight hours after Emerson's remaining umbilical cord was severed (I would have said fallen off, but minor home surgery was required), he had his first real bath.

Being lowered into the water.
What the...?
This isn't funny you guys. Get me outta here!
Baby down in treacherous and unchartered waters! Request S.O.S. assistance. Can't you hear me, Jerks? Baby down! Baby down!
Whew! I barely made it out alive.
And she thinks a kiss will make it all better. Launch "Operation Sprinkler" before Huggies can intervene.
Glad I will never have to do that again...I must find a way to warn the others.
4 comments:
Precious, precious boy. Great pics. Love the narrative. :-)
Such a cute, chubby little boy! I love those arms and wrists.
SO cute!! What a lucky little man...that you will torture him for his personal hygiene! He'll thank you for it later! LOL! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!
Love the first bath!! He's so fat I love it!!
Post a Comment