Now that the mistletoe has fallen and the echoes of silver bells spark a distant memory, this lackadaisical mom is finally getting around to reporting on her family's Christmas adventures.
December proved to be not only the most "wonderful" time of the year, but also the busiest time of year. I was feeling lost between the increased amount of time devoted to chauffeuring Cameron between family visitations, therapy sessions, and medical appointments, all the while trying to survive the massive attack of snow crystals that pummeled the state of Utah and left an icy mess in its wake.
The highlights of this month included the annual Name family Christmas party, complete with treats, games, prizes, and a surprise visit from a magician. My father was sorely missed (as he was tending to his parents in Indiana), and we were so blessed for his return in time for Christmas celebrations.
On Christmas Eve I awoke with a sore shoulder and pinched nerve, only to completely lose the use of my left arm for a couple days. It wasn't very fun, and although I am still not 100%, I am reminded to always be grateful for my health and abilities, and praise a husband who was willing to dry and style his lame wife's hair for Christmas.
Temperamental Xavier spent the month suffering through an influx of new teeth, and along with that an influx of sleepless nights, whiny days, and endurance of a cranky mommy.
Christmas night we had dinner at my sister Andi's home in Lehi. My digital camera suddenly stopped working, so I had to pilfer some pics from both my sisters' cameras.
Two days following Christmas we celebrated with the Amonett family in Sandy; unfortunately, my camera was still on the fritz. There is nothing worse for a picture hound like me to have no working camera for documentation! Needless to say, we all had an enjoyable time and reveled in the children's excitement.




No comments:
Post a Comment