I get really excited for our annual sojourn through the chaotic mess of downtown Salt Lake to Temple Square. With the weather being an unusual fifty degrees, the huddled masses decided they too would make an appearance, and I must admit I have never seen so many people at the square at one time. It was difficult to maneuver through the crowds, and I was disappointed at the decreased amount of lights this year (a worker informed us that some of the trees could not be used because they burn out), yet my spirit was uplifted as I viewed the beautiful temple and all its surrounding buildings. The highlight for me was having L. Tom Perry and his wife walk past our group. His spirit is so amazing that I was immediately humbled in his presence. How fortunate we are to be blessed with the guidance of the Lord's servants. I was reminded of scriptural times and I wondered if the people then were in awe of the Lord's representatives as I am now. It was interesting to see those who recognized Perry and those who did not. Those who did were immediately quieted in their conversations and parted the way for him to pass. It was an amazing experience.
I had a grand hope of capturing a family picture that I could send in the Christmas card this year. But as you may have already guessed, my little stinker of a sixteen month old had other ideas. We tried a few different venues, and after fifty pictures Thaus kiboshed the entire adventure. I guess being married to a perfectionist isn't all it's cracked up to be...yet I am determined that one of these days I will get my picture!
P.S. Thank you, Taylors, for spending the evening with us and for your patience as I stopped for a photo op around every corner!




2 comments:
Wow, Erika! It is SO beautiful. It makes Highland Park dull in comparison.
Oh Man! We tried so hard to get that right shot, but all is not lost. I love the picture of the two of you! That was worth it all. Thanks for taking us, I don't think I could have gotten Ty to go if it wasn't for going with the Amonetts. I loved it. Lets do it again next year.
Post a Comment