There is nothing like a little sugar to bring you out of a seasonal depression. I have been battling a nasty cold and insane amounts of stress this past week. Walking the tight rope while juggling work, kids, grandma, and everything else that makes my life crazy has got me feeling a little down. Not helping my situation, I took a dose of Advil cold and sinus medication early in the afternoon. Cold medication impairs my sensibilities and ultimately knocks me out, even in the daytime, so I have been limiting my dosages to nighttime usage in order to help me sleep and keep my symptoms in check. With my energy stores completely depleted, I spent most of the afternoon in bed looking at movies on t.v., trying to ignore the gnawing guilt which kept pricking my irrepressible conscience. As if I need a reminder that I am wasting time and not being productive. Thaus came home from work a little after 4, and I continued to fine-tune my impression of movie role Momma hopped up on OTC meds. I finally managed to secure the ground beneath my feet and decided I needed to do something to salvage my day off (besides routine laundry and cleaning). So, I opted to create some heart-shaped sugar cookies for my pint-sized and not-so-pint-sized Valentines. I love my two guys and knew that bringing a smile to their faces would help reset the smile on mine.

.JPG)
My writing and design became a little thick and crooked when I squeezed the pastry bag too hard and icing began oozing outside the tip. Perhaps I need an advanced degree to operate this thing.

A freshly bathed Xavier approves. He dove right into the homemade frosting. He didn't want to eat a cookie, yet he was more than happy to sample the frosting on them.
Moments like these help me remember that even when life is at its worst, I can still find comfort in the little things, even when it's a simple heart of conversation.
5 comments:
MMMMM! I want one! I should not be reading this blog while dieting!
Yummo! Charlie would like some in the mail please :P Love X cheesing it! He is so adorable!!!!
Those look so yummy! Sugar cookies are one of my favorite treats!
Beautiful! I'm still not walking back down the stairs to eat again tonight. Really. I'm not!
Beautiful and yummy all in one! X has the cutest little grin!!!
Post a Comment