Superbowl Sunday XLIV...the most anticipated professional football game in the history of football. It was also the most depressing, defeating, and demoralizing game in recent memory. My favorite boys in blue, the champion Indianapolis Colts, stampeded into battle with the the not-so-angelic rookie Superbowl visitors, the New Orleans Saints. Through the atrocity that was playing out before me, I could not help but liken the bloodshed to the British invasion of the New England colonies as even the Colts' offensive coordinator could not foresee the problems with one if by land, two if by sea.
However, even with a blitzed suprise by our esteemed friends from the southern levees, I have no doubt the Colts will rise again, this time stronger and properly saddled for battle. As a true blue Hoosier, I have felt the power of the Indiana spirit, and the good people of the great state of Indiana will always be my favorite people in the whole wide world.
In the excitement of the season, I have to admit I love any reason to dress up Xavier as my favorite MVP quarterback, and yesterday's game was no exception. Even though X is technically half Texan and half Hoosier, I am doing my darndest to make sure his true blue spirit shines forth all the way!

During the pre-game show, Xavier was abounding with energy. The sectional didn't stand a chance against his jumps and dives. Capitalizing on his zeal, I practiced our cheers and shouts of acclamation with him so he would know what to do when Blue ran the field. Yes, I have taught him well. I also wore him out from all the whoopin' and hollerin'. Poor kid didn't make it into the second quarter before he zonked out on Daddy's arm.

Xavier and Daddy are ready for their snacks. Thaus was a great Superbowl host as he positioned the projector onto a 84" x 108" section of the theatre room wall. He also treated the family to hot wings, loaded potato skins, and chips n' salsa. We were all fat after that carb-loading session!
I love you, Indiana! And not just for the thrill of the game. I love you for your heart, your valor, your determination, your irrepressible crew and maybe for your tight ends too. Go BLUE!
Favorite quote of the game: Gram, our 83 year old self-appointed sideline announcer, who was also intrigued and mystified by the collision course of bodies slamming to and fro, intently asked, "If that guy on the other team catches the ball, can he get a homerun too?"
6 comments:
Such a close game!! Too bad for the Colts! Next year for sure!!!
Fun Party - and Gram's quote makes complete sense to me!
Love the colts jersey!! He looks like such a stud muffin. Charlie only made it to half time :) And again, his hair is too cool. As you can see I have been copying with Charlie's hair !!
I did not watch the game. And, (I tell you this only because I am sure it will amaze you) I actually asked Gene when it was over if the Cowboys or the Saints won. He looked at me dumbfounded, and simply said that the Saints won, as the Cowboys had not played, the Colts had. So I said, oh, I thought it was weird but cool that the Cowboys had upsidedown horseshoes on their hats this year, instead of stars.
You'll have to come and educate my kids. The comments went like this for the week before that game.
"What team do you want to win?"
"I like the Colts."
"Me too."
"No, I like the Saints."
Then I say something like, "Why do you like those teams."
They said because of the teams' colors or *gasp* song. Do the teams even have songs?
Loving that you show your Colts spirit and that little X was dressed for the game. CUTE!!!
Your son is such a cutie! I love the quote by your Grandma too! So sorry about those Colts of yours. Better luck next year! :)
Post a Comment