To those of us bred in the cornfields of northern Indiana, Hoosier Hysteria is not only a passionate culture movies are made of, it is also a highly-favorable genetic trait passed on from generation to generation. Traditionally, Hoosier Hysteria refers to the excitement of Indiana high school basketball and the awe-inspiring state championships held yearly in March. However, with my hometown boys in blue gearing up for Superbowl XLIV in a couple days, Hoosier Hysteria has taken on a whole new meaning. Hoosiers love their basketball it's true, (you can often find an Indiana newborn with a miniature Spalding in the crib), yet they also love their Indianapolis Colts, especially their four time MVP quarterback, Peyton Williams Manning. To usher in the greatest weekend in football history, we decided to play our own game of ball on the home field, allowing our pint-sized player to show off his mad genetic skills. For those of you who know me and are confused at this very moment, allow me to clarify my previous statement. There was a genetic transmission error when my dad passed on athletic prowess to his eldest daughter. We aren't sure what went awry (you never can tell when those Portugue genes are going to interject and misfire), yet you will be pleased to know the error self-corrected in the creation of Skip's grandson.

Xavier opted for his Scooby ball instead of the football so we played a little kickball. Thaus and I are entertained by X's unique style as he jumps up in the air before making contact with the ball. Surprisingly, he has a lot of strength and accuracy for a little guy. He can also get a good volley going but watch out for that charge!

Xavier dove into Daddy kamikaze style and flipped completely over. I am always worried he is going to hurt his head or neck but he jumps right up and dives again, giggling all the way. X also enjoys being thrown into the air over and over again. Check out those toddler abs...Mom is so jealous!
I am glad we stopped for a few minutes in our busy evening to take this time with Xavier. I am guilty of becoming so wrapped up in the evening routines and running from one task to the next that I often forget to sit and enjoy the chaos once in awhile. I know the dirty dishes and crumbly floors will always be waiting around for me, but my pint-sized player may not always be so patient.
2 comments:
How CUTE! LOL...and the picture of him flipping completely over is snapped just at the right time. Boys are totally physical and sometimes when mine are wrestling around with Chris I have to close my eyes and take a couple of deep breaths when all three become a jumble and I cannot tell whose arm or leg is where. LOL...I also LOVE the middle top pic in the collage. Now THAT is a game face. :)
Nice neck-breaker, X!
Post a Comment