Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yogurt Heaven

I realize summer just got started, but who I am to kick the rockin' flavors of autumn in the face? I feel urged, even compelled, to share with you, my dear friends, a little magic I found in a 6 ounce foil-covered plastic container.

I eat carbs. We all know that. Beneath my authoritative, power suit exterior, I am Beavis and Butthead on crack. I try to appease the little misfits with nuts and string cheese, but when I come in contact with cookies, brownies, cakes and chocolate (Read: the only things I'd eat if calories didn't exist) my sensibilities lose all control. It is difficult to reign the rebellious parts of me back in, so I have to be very wary of sugar, even if it's sugar in disguise.

Which brings me to the first point of my story: I am a picky eater. (Read: if I don't know you, or if I have never been in your home, I probably won't eat food from your kitchen...and you do know I perform random background screenings). However, I think the real reason I am a picky eater is because I prefer an array of healthy entrees, sides and snacks, which translates into me disliking the majority of American food - fast, fried, animal-based. I am a freak about texture. I am not adventurous. Do not give me anything Asian or anything that used to chirp beneath the moonlit sky. Just give me fruits and vegetables and a little lean protein and I am good to go.

Still with me? So this very kind person in my office is always offering me part of her lunch (sweet, right?) but since I am a little high strung (see above), I always thank her politely yet ultimately refuse her offering. Today she asked me if I had tried the carbmaster yogurt from Kroger. In my sugar lovin' world, low carb usually translates into low taste but I was intrigued. I grew up with Kroger grocery stores. I had even shopped in them from time to time. But I have never, ever tried their yogurt. Until now.



Oh my lip smackin' goodness, what do we have here?! My taste buds sang in spicy chorus as my colleague kindly allowed me to sample the first bite of her 60 calorie, creamy, carrot cake flavored yogurt. I was immediately transported into a pumpkin field with sun-kissed hay bales, rustic wagons and nutmeg floating on the breeze. I must, simply MUST get my butt to Smith's to buy me some of this sweet autumn heaven. If I wasn't stoked about Halloween before, I am ready to dive into 6 ounces of it now. Trust me, friends, you will not be disappointed. You may never invite me to dinner at your home ever again, but you will not be disappointed.

And no need to thank me. I share because I care.

4 comments:

Courtney Vance said...

You are hilarious! Well, I WAS going to invite you over for dinner but I guess that's out the window now. Unless I feed you high calorie pasta at YOUR house with a lovely dessert to follow.... maybe. I thought Thaus was the picky one and you were just neurotic.

Sheral Wilson said...

Mmmm... I LOVE me some yogurt... as well as carbs! :( I'm going to try this for sure! I may bring you some oatmeal bread because it's a made with whole grain oatmeal (and flour, oh - and brown sugar) but I know you'll feel like you're eating healthy!! (Get your butter out on the counter!)

discombobulated said...

I'm a carbaholic and right now my backside is proving it. Have you tried Fage yogurt. The full fat stuff is super filling... a little vanilla flavored or english toffee stevia and that is heaven!

Jon and Molly Knight said...

I have to go and buy this yogurt now...It sounds delicious, and fall is my favorite time of the year! Mmmm.