Have you ever had a grandiose hope for making a delightful, delectable treat in the kitchen only to have the finished product resemble something from a horror film rather than the beautiful picture in your mind? That is me on a daily basis in the kitchen. I had this great idea to make Halloween treats for my neighbors so they would know how much I appreciate their friendship. I decided I would try gourmet apples because I could put them in cellophane bags and tie them with cute Halloween ribbons. My sis Ang makes awesome apples every year and I naturally thought, how hard could it be, right? Wrong. Somehow, I am retarded when it comes to decorating edible gifts. Angie can make any esculent concoction look gorgeous from her basket weave Easter cakes to her pumpkin sugar cookies. I had tried an initial batch of apples and it looked like I let Xavier finger paint the caramel on. (A Renaissance man of his own day)...I was boobing about it so Angie offered to teach me the correct way to decorate apples and we made an afternoon of it. It was fun learning a new skill while Xavier practiced his Viking skills with his cousins as they slayed couch cushions and ravaged the toy room...sorry about that! The apples ended up turning out so cute. Thanks, Ang!



3 comments:
Yum! They look good enough to eat. I wish I could find the time to do stuff like that.
Sammie was crying when you left with the apples, so now I have to make a whole new batch tonight. I guess it will motivate me to do something around here.
I see your Twilight widget...come comment on my blog...
And your apples turned out very cute!
Post a Comment