Sunday, October 26, 2008
License to Drive?
Xavier is the king of the road. We fully expect him to start training for the Indy 500 any day now. Thaus has spoiled Xavier by allowing him to be our "chauffeur" to church each Sunday (We live about 5 houses from the church...we really aren't that negligent; we are just too lazy to walk.) Saturday afternoon Thaus and Cameron were cleaning out the Excursion while Xavier maneuvered his way into the captain's chair. You can imagine his delight at pushing every button, enabling flashing lights, throwing his belly into the horn, and saluting passing neighbors with high-pitched squeals & waves of camaraderie. Now you can imagine my surprise when he found the key set Thaus keeps hidden in the truck. Xavier had figured out the remote start before we could blink. He was quite pleased with himself; I was quite frustrated because I couldn't figure out how to turn the truck off even after inserting the key and fussing with it. Lesson learned for the day: my fifteen month old is already smarter than me and I had better learn to keep up. And to all you brickyard lovers - watch out Scott Dixon...Xavier's got his eye on that bottle of milk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
That is too funny. My kids love to get in the car and push on the buttons. . .many times have I gotten into the car to go somewhere and it be in four wheel drive.
If I see your little one driving down the street I'll let you know :)
Post a Comment