Sunday, October 12, 2008

Birthday Girls

On Friday, Angie and Andi embarked upon their 31st and 29th years, respectively. We ventured out for a family dinner at Ruby River in honor of my steak-lovin' siblings. It was fun to go out with my ever-expanding family; however, with six grandkids and two more on the way, it is more like an adventure in PRCA rodeo. Thaus and I fail to go out much, and every time we try and take our kids somewhere, we are reminded why hanging out in our theatre room isn't so bad most of the time. I felt badly that Thaus couldn't even try his steak thanks to our beautiful fourteen month old who turns into a living terror in public. What we love about Xavier exhausts us about Xavier: he is independent, proactive, exuberant, and energetic. He also believes he is in charge...which is probably true most of the time. Oh yeah, we were talking about dinner...I love, love, love my family and am so thankful for the blessings they are in my life. Sometimes I wonder how I rated to be a part of such a dynamic group and then I realize...don't ask questions, just go with it. Dad, if you are reading this (which you probably aren't because you won't even talk on the phone for more than 30 seconds...) you are awesome and I love any time we get to spend together. I made a photobook for each of my sisters with pictures of all the kids from this summer. I love making personal gifts and both girls pretty much expect that is all they will ever get from me since I am a sentimental fool. I snapped a few shots of the group too since the kids are growing and changing so quickly. I am not the best photographer, so this is all we get...





P.S. Somehow, Justin, Kyle, and Cam eluded the camera. I will get you next time!
And Gabe would not give me permission to snap his cute face. He preferred to discuss the features of each train in his Thomas collection with Grandpa Skip rather than pose for his silly Aunt Erika.

1 comment:

ANK said...

Looks like fun! Our family isn't nearly as large, but sometimes when we go out I feel like the ringmaster at a three ring circus.