30 October 2008. Cam had been begging to carve pumpkins all week. After the sad day we had saying goodbye to our pups, I thought some happy jack o'lanterns might lift our spirits. I wish I could say that carving our pumpkins was a family effort, but anyone who knows Thaus knows he HATES Halloween and everything associated with it. The last time we carved pumpkins was 13 years ago. I told him he couldn't ruin this holiday for our kids so he would have to endure a couple hours. As it turned out, I carved Xavier's pumpkin while Cam created his own, and Thaus played with Xavier in the living room. So, if you are wondering why we only finished two pumpkins, it is because I ran out of steam after X's little masterpiece.
.JPG)
After I had cut and cleaned X's pumpkin, I let him inspect it. He wasn't very impressed. However, once I finished it and lit the candle, he couldn't wait to blow it out.
.JPG)
The end result: Cam wanted to have a "bloody" pumpkin so he drew blood on his with a sharpie. I was ingenious and carved an "x" on Xavier's. On Halloween night, one trick-or-treater said to another, "Look! They have a pirate pumpkin!" I laughed to myself thinking, "Yeah, I meant to do that."
No comments:
Post a Comment