
Easter Sunday + Spanish Fork = one cold bunny! I awoke Easter morning to frosty covered window panes. I did a double take through the bottom slats of the bedroom window blinds, ran into the bathroom to open the small window above the commode and then scrambled into the kitchen to check the calendar. Could it really be April 4th? Surely I must be confused. The sight on the opposite side of the bay window suggested a scene more like December 24th. I tuned into the KSL weather report to not only affirm my eyesight is still 20/20, but confirm Spanish Fork was hit with 7+ inches of snow, thus making any child venturing out into the snowy drifts a true hunter of colorful candy-filled Easter eggs.
I bundled Xavier up an hour before the first session of Conference was scheduled to begin, and gave him my informative yet jazzy pep talk about the festive tradition of Easter egg hunts. He was neither happy to receive such early morning instruction nor be dressed in layers of clothing, as captured in his tabletop pose while waiting for Daddy to find his flip flops. (Yes, Thaus wears flip flops even in the snow.) Xavier was apprehensive about venturing into the cold morning air, yet he was a good sport once he saw the Easter Bunny had left him special treats among the size 9 rabbit tracks in the snow. He was soaked up to his knees by the time he gathered all eight of his plastic treasures, although no amount of wet, chilly weather could put a damper on his excitement. I attempted to take some panoramic shots of the field and mountains behind my home, untouched by human wanderers and glistening in the radiant morning light, but the combination of eye-squinting rays and glare reflecting from the snow proved a much greater match against the camera and its operator. I wish I could pull the images from my mind to share with each of you, as not one image was worthy of printing. Each frame was either too dark or too light. Perhaps I will fare better next year, barring any competition from forceful weather opponents.


The Easter Bunny was kind enough to wipe his paws and not leave wet tracks throughout my home while locating the perfect hiding spot for Xavier's baskets. Our furry little friend left one basket full of candy and another basket full of toys for both Xavier and Cameron. He did such a good job concealing the baskets that the kids did not find them until late into the evening. Xavier was quite delighted to find his baskets nestled behind the double doors to the sitting room.

Thank you, Easter Bunny, for making a little boy's eyes light up this year. And thank you also for that extra stash of candy you hid for me in the closet. Not only are you generous and crafty, but you are one smart bunny!
Happy Easter to each and every one of you, my friends. May you continually be strengthened in all the good that you are doing. I am watching you, talking about you, and taking notes!
3 comments:
I second that...the Easter bunny ROCKS :)
wow you guys got a LOT of snow!!!! was X looking for his baskets the entire day?????
I guess I should actually do an egg hunt one of these days, huh? :)
Post a Comment