Somebody's knockin'
Should I let him in
Lord it's the devil
Would you look at him
(Terri Gibbs 1981)
1970 something - Girl has birthday. Girl gets baby doll and miniature rocking chair.
1980 something - Girl has birthday. Girl gets Strawberry Shortcake roller skates.
1990 something - Girl has birthday. Girl gets shiny personalized license plate.
2000 something - Girl has birthday. Girl gets liver spots, stretch marks, and loss of memory.
Somebody's knockin'. And he's brought another candle. I wish he would have brought his time machine instead. Stupid devil.
A friend of mine celebrated a birthday last week. She is one year older than I am. I told her she is the Indiana Jones of birthdays...paving the way for me by fighting the evil and injustice of old age. Unless, of course, old age is like a snake. Then we will have to call for reinforcements. Where's Short Round when you need him? "You crazy, Dr. Jones!" Say that five times fast in a Chinese accent. It doesn't make me forget my birthday, but it does make me laugh...so much so that I have to cross my legs to prepare for impending bladder leakage. Instead of birthday bagels this year, I'll take a case of birthday kegels.
3 comments:
Birthdays should be celebrated just like when we were kids. We are going to have a fun night out to ring in another year! Happy Birthday to you tomorrow!
Yeah we will celebrate it like when we were kids. Get out the strawberry shortcake rollerskates and lets go!
Ha Ha! I remember those gifts! But nothing tops the 3 or 4 layer flag cake I made for you one year out of stickers and toothpicks!
Post a Comment