Since Xavier can not be coaxed or bribed into drinking milk, whether plain, chocolate, or strawberry, my mother's brain tells me the extra fat and calories would do his bone-skinny frame a little good. Unfortunately, his pediatrician believes otherwise, and I got the raised eyebrow combined with "probably not a good idea" counsel from the good doctor. My reaction to that is whatever, it takes 12 pounds of milk to make a gallon of ice cream and my boy needs milk! (I can hear you laughing, Ang Barker.) I cannot hide my shame any longer. I fully admit I have morphed into one of those parents who adhere to the Bill Cosby style of parenting, which is premised on permitting and even encouraging your child to consume chocolate cake for breakfast because it has eggs, milk, and flour in it. All I need now is the funky red and black swirled sweater and I will be a card carrying member.
Blue Steel
June 25, 2009
4 comments:
In the words of Marie Antoinette, "Let them eat cake!" ...or icecream!
I love these pictures of your little one. Too cute! I also love the rationalizations we make as parents! All for the good of our children, right?? :)
he is seriously so cute!!! i know you'll be surprised, but when D was little(r) he didn't like milk either. chocolate, strawberry, or plain. he did (and still does), however, LOVE vanilla carnation instant breakfast FTW! have you tried that???? and now he does like regular milk. weird kids.
♫Dad is great...he give us chocolate cake♪♫
Post a Comment