Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My Sweet Babboo

Here's a Peanuts analogy for you:

Erika is to Xavier like...
A. Peppermint Patty is to Charlie Brown
B. Sally Brown is to Linus van Pelt
C. Lucy van Pelt is to Schroeder

It's a nail biter, I know. In case you are weighing the options carefully and thinking, "too close to call," let me help you out a little. If the title didn't fool you, the correct answer is B.

Xavier is my oddly eccentric, incredibly smart, peculiarly possessive, and emotionally intense two-year old. The only difference between Linus and X is their brand of security blanket, as Linus' blanket is spun from a blue cotton blend; Xavier's is spun from a 5'8" unique blend of fabric we call Daddy. And don't ever try to hide Daddy. The mania that ensues...

My "Sweet Babboo" fends off almost all advances of affection, although it does nothing to deter me from my incorrigible attempts. I am not sure if Xavier finds my constant admiration an embarrassment or a petty annoyance, yet I am humored by his exasperative protests, especially the scream and hand to the face. Nonetheless, how I adore this spirited young boy. In the words of the smitten Miss Brown, "Isn't he the cutest?"





1 comment:

The Brewer Babies! said...

OMG! He is so adorable. I wish I had his eyelashes!!!! Love the hat!